February 19, 2015

Otome Game ◊ Jewelic Nightmare


Name: Alen
Type: Clingy/Overprotective
Level: 5
Meter: Moderate
Rating: 2


*Okay so there is a yandere in here. The problem is, I really didn't like him that much. (´_`)Basically the obtainable guys in this game are incarnations of gems and there are two sides to them. There is a sweet side that you get to meet in reality, and a wild side that you see in your dreams. The yandere guy in here was the incarnation of the Alexandrite gem. He was cute and all but I felt that they made him into a drama queen. I know that yanderes tend to overreact but I felt that they were trying to hard to make him a yandere. He seemed more emotionally unstable then yandereish to me. The yandere one was the one you saw in your dreams. I personally liked the one in reality better. It's weird. I really don't know why I wasn't feeling his character. I actually played his route last (´⊙ω⊙`)!. I would usually jump straight to the yandere route but I didn't. I guess it was all that screaming and crying that turned me off. It wasn't even hot like Kanato, no, it was just annoying. Yeah, I think they really tried too hard and it ended up feeling like his character was rushed and bipolar. That is just my opinion though. He's still a yandere and it was fun to hear those cliché yandere lines like "Don't leave me alone" and "This way you'll only be mine" XD. There is also a Drama CD accompanying the series. The Drama CD does a better job of portraying the yandere than the Otome Game in my opinion. You'll have to get Vol.3 for the yandere. Click here for a review. For more information check Otome Jikan.*


Vol.3 Translation

8 comments:

  1. I saw the OP for this yesterday and then I come on here and see that there is a yandere in it. Way to get my hopes down, I hate it when the character is more yangire than actual yandere. Or if they are yandere it's just a terrible cliche. Oh well, at least I can squeal over the pretty art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, the character in here is definitely yandere. I found his route really enjoyable it's just that he was a little too much of a drama queen. I highly suggest you play this game because not only is the yandere in here adorably clingy, the other characters in this game are all so cute. I loved Ruby the best <3.

      Delete
    2. I always found the ones to blow everything out of proportion to ridiculous degrees to be annoying. Of course that's a yandere trait, but there needs to be some kind of balance to it...I'm ranting.

      Anyway! I'm still gonna hunt for the game because of that art. I think I'm a total, excuse my French, art whore.

      Delete
    3. Yeah I know how you feel I find them annoying also. I like it, (because it's a yandere trait), but only to some degree.

      LOL, (*≧▽≦)ノシ)) It's okay I'm one too. At least I know that I am attracted to games, manga, anime, etc, that have good art.

      Delete
  2. Can you play it in English? Or did you play the Japanese one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can play it in English :(. I played the Japanese one.

      Delete
  3. Which one is the yandere, the blonde one, the green one, the blue one or the purple one.

    ReplyDelete